ORLANDO, Fla. – Saturday, October 1, US Congresswoman Val Demings (FL-10) will hold a press conference and tour several sites with FEMA Administrator Deanne Criswell, U.S. Fire Administrator Dr. Lori Moore-Merrell and Orange County and Orlando leaders.
Rep. Demings is Chair of the congressional subcommittee with direct oversight of FEMA: the House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Recovery.
What: Press Availability on Hurricane Ian’s Impact, Response, and Recovery
Where: Orange County Emergency Management Center, 6590 Amory Ct, Winter Park
- Rep. Val Demings, Chair of the House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response, and Recovery
- FEMA Administrator Deanne Criswell
- U.S. Fire Administrator Dr. Lori Moore-Merrell
- Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings
- Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer
- Orange County and Orlando Leaders and Emergency Personnel
Rep. Demings has called for FEMA Individual Assistance to be made available to Floridians in all 67 Florida counties.
Rep. Demings has called for 100% cost-sharing by FEMA to cover disaster expenses for Florida communities.
Rep. Demings called for a Major Disaster Declaration for Florida to unlock additional federal aid. The president declared a major disaster on Thursday.